How to Measure
Measurements should be taken directly against your child’s body or over very light clothes.
- Height. Hold your tape measure against the wall and have you child stand beside it in bare feet.
- Chest. Position your tape measure around the fullest part of your child’s chest. Ask them to take a breath in and out before reading measurement.
- Waist. Position your tape measure around the narrowest part of your child’s waist, normally just above the navel. Ask them to take a breath in and out before reading measurement.
- Hips. Make sure your child is standing with their feet together and measure round the fullest part of their hips, normally right through the middle of their bottom.
- Head. Run the tape measure above the eyebrows, above the ears and round the back of the head. Careful not to catch the ears in your measurement!
If you child’s measurements span multiple sizes, eg chest measures as age 1-2 and waist measures as 2-3, choose the larger of the two sizes. If you child’s measurements are between sizes, choose the larger.